On this day last year: Mini Okra Frittata Cups (2012)
GUYS. Yesterday was the first official day of fall- September 23rd.
It has been circled on my calendar for weeks now, because fall is a beautiful, wonderful, delicious season.
Welcome to it.
In celebration of fall, I thought it only appropriate to share this incredibly scrumptious sweet potato pancakes. If you like pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, sweet potato biscuits, or anything delicious, you’ll love these.
Dig in, do your happy dance, enjoy every bite, and celebrate- because it is the start of a new season, and new starts are always good.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Cup sweet potato puree
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Chocolate Chips (as many as you want!)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients- flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients- egg, milk, brown sugar, and sweet potato puree.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, dole out batter onto the skillet, and cook for about 2 minutes per side. Serve warm and enjoy!
Notes and Tips!:
- Source: Weelicious
- Like this recipe? Check out these other delicious A Rented Kitchen Pancake recipes! Guaranteed to make your mornings better. (Recipe links found below photos!):