This time last year: Thai Veggie Burger with Peanut Sauce (2014)
Well, in case you hadn’t noticed from my apparent absence the last several days, it is finals week. Woof.
The last week has been spent with more cups of coffee and paper writing in front of my computer than I would like to admit.
However, there is a God, and finals week is almost over, so I’m Back!
The next few weeks are going to bring you lots of yummy southern summer dishes, so get excited and come back soon!
To kick that summer cooking off, here is a scrumptious baked beans recipe. Also, check the bottom for some other good summer cook-out and potluck worthy dishes in the Notes and Tips section below!
Got a favorite southern/ summer recipe? Leave a comment- I’d love to hear it!
Happy cooking 🙂
Love, a rented kitchen
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey (substitute with agave if vegan)
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 3 cups canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional: Sea salt, to taste*
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large saucepan, combine the ketchup, barbecue sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, honey and mustard together.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer for five minutes.
- Stir the beans into the pot and transfer to a baking dish. Bake uncovered for an hour and twenty minutes, or until the beans are soft.
- Serve and enjoy!
Notes and Tips!:
- I did not add any salt to this dish, I thought it was plenty flavorful enough. However, feel free to season as you desire!
- Source: Whole Foods Market
- Like this recipe? Try these other delicious dishes from ‘A Rented Kitchen’!: