On this day last year: Vegan Italian Vegetable Casserole
It is St.Patrick’s day, so I made you green cookies! Huzzah!
I am sorry that technology has not figured out how to share cookies via the Internet, because these cookies are scrumptious, and I would love to share them with you!
However, if you are looking for a way to get festive for St. Patrick’s Day or Christmas next year, look no further! These cookies are soft, moist, and the perfect blend of mint and dark chocolate. Be warned- you are going to want to eat all of the dough before the first batch finishes baking!
I hope you are having a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day, and I hope you’ve got your green on!
Lots of love,
A Rented Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ – 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- About 10 drops of green food coloring
- 3 ¼ cups flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 340˚F and prepare a baking sheet with either a piece of parchment paper or a thin layer of butter or Crisco.
- In a large sized bowl or stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar, and beat together. Scrape the sides and continue mixing for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, yolks, peppermint extract, and food coloring until fully incorporated.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth and combined, and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spook the cookie dough onto the baking sheet and bake for eight minutes. When you remove the cookies from the oven after eight minutes, they should still be soft, so allow them to sit on the pan for 3-5 minutes, and then remove them to a cooling rack. (Cooking cookies longer than 8 minutes will result in firmer dryer cookies, as opposed to soft cookies.)
- Repeat step six and enjoy!
- Yield: About 28 large cookies
- Source: The Food Charlatan
- Like this recipe? Try these other delicious cookie recipes from A Rented Kitchen! (Recipe links found below):