There are a lot of pros and cons to moving around the country. However, one major pro to moving from Kansas to Georgia, is Georgia peaches. Holy cow, there is seriously nothing better than Georgia peaches!
Last summer my family had the opportunity to go pick peaches while on vacation, and I went a little crazy with the peach recipes. However, despite my deep love of the fruit, this ingredient combination was one entirely new to me. As strange as it may sound to combine some of these sweet and savory flavors together, the flavors beautifully compliment each other, blossoming under the dressing and making this fruit salad unique, visually striking, and delicious to eat!
If you have any summer peaches left sitting on your window sill, try whipping together this delicious fruit salad. You just might fall in love.
Not ready to be so bold and adventurous with your last sacred peaches of the summer? Try these other delicious peach recipes from ‘A Rented Kitchen’! Like I said earlier, with peaches, you just can’t go wrong.
- Healthy Peach Cobbler Oatmeal
- Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Ginger Peach Sweet Tea
- Spiced Carrot Peach Bread
- Summer Peach Panini
- 1 large yellow peach
- 1 heirloom tomato
- 1 cup cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 Tablespoons basil, chiffonade (roll up and chopped into ribbons)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon mint, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the peach into thin slices, and toss, along with the cherries, into a medium sized serving bowl.
- Cube the tomato into one-inch chunks, and add to the peach and cherry mix.
- Gently stir in the herbs.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the lime juice, agave, olive oil, salt, and pepper until thoroughly blended. Drizzle over the herbs and fruit, serve, and enjoy!
Notes and Tips:
- Yield: 2-4
- Source: The Kitchy Kitchen
- Like this recipe? Try these other delicious treats and salads from ‘A Rented Kitchen’! (Recipe links below):
- Fresh Fruit Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
- Balsamic Mushroom and Fruit Summer Salad
- Graham Cracker Crumb Fruit Dip