It is amazing how much ice cream I am capable of consuming in the summer- an absurd and embarrassing amount. I suppose it’s not really rocket science in Kansas City’s 90 degree days.
I believe the math goes something like this:
90˚ F + a sweet tooth the size of Texas = copious amount of ice cream
In an effort to be slightly healthier however, I have started concocting these sweet, yet refreshing snacks. For all you sweet tooths out there, I have good news! These Greek Yogurt fruit bites are just as sweet and refreshing as ice cream in flavor, however are much healthier for you, serving as an excellent source of protein and a much more natural source of sugar.
AKA- Dig in! It all adds up- delicious flavor, healthier choices, what’s not to love?
Love, your sweet tooth friend,
A Rented Kitchen
- 1 Tablespoon agave
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- I mango, diced
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Rinse, peel, and dice the mango.
- In a large bowl, combine the agave and yogurt, stirring thoroughly. Fold in the fruit.
- Transfer into two ice trays, and freeze for 3-4 hours, or until thoroughly frozen.
- Transfer into ziplock baggies and save for an on the go snack! Enjoy!
Notes and Tips!:
- If you do not have agave you can use ½ cup powdered sugar, however agave is a much healthier and natural option.
- Feel free to have fun with this recipe! Not a fan of mango or blueberries? Sub out those fruits and replace with pomegranate seeds, kiwi and strawberries, or make a patriotic snack with blueberries and strawberries!
- If you like this recipe, check out these other fun and healthy snacks from ‘A Rented Kitchen’! (recipe links found below):