There is nothing as perfectly southern and summery as a Key Lime Pie. I have been thinking about this recipe for two summers now, so I am not sure why it took me so long to post this recipe, but consider yourself welcomed. It’s fabulous!
My parents both grew up in the south. Lemon bars and key lime pies have always been a part of summer. That’s what my grandmothers used to make us, and if that’s what grandmother makes, then you know it’s a good choice.
In addition to the most delicious flavor, this pie is also quite possibly the easiest pie you will ever make, seriously. You just throw all the ingredients together, stir, bake, and eat- all of it. Thus, this pie is quite possibly the best dessert to take to any dinner party ever/ the best pie to make for any reason ever.
I don’t know why you’re still waiting. Dig in, happy eating!
- 1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2- 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- Grated lime zest for garnish
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Mix until evenly moist.
- Press the graham cracker crumbs into a 9-inch pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly.
- In a clean bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and key lime juice until smooth and blended.
- Pour the key lime mixture into the pie pan and spread until even.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until tiny bubbles form on the surface.
- Turn the oven off and allow the pie to sit, in the oven, for an additional 30 minutes (do not allow to brown!).
- Chill prior to serving and garnish with whipped cream and lime zest.
Notes and Tips!:
- Source: Your Homebased mom
- Half the photos in this spread were shot by Anna Petrow Photography. Check her out and give her some love!
- If you like this recipe, try these other delicious desserts from ‘A Rented Kitchen’ (Recipe links below):