Hello readers! Today is a very special day, for two reasons. It is my little brother’s 19th birthday, (yaaaay!), as well as my first day back in my rented kitchen. I have spent the last month traveling to spend time with family and friends for the holiday. It was an awesome month and I have been incredibly blessed to have the time and opportunity to see so many wonderful people.
Now that I am back in my own kitchen though, I am eager to kick the new year off with some fun new recipes. This recipe is a perfect recipe for winter- who doesn’t like to curl up with a warm cup of cider on a cold January day? This cider will also make your house smell absolutely incredible! Enjoy making it, and I hope you are able to share a warm cup of cider with some people you love.
- 8 cups pressed Apple Juice/Cider*
- 1 orange, cut into 1/4″ slices
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon cloves
- 1 inch piece of ginger, cut into coin sized slices
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a large stove pot over high heat.
- Allow the cider to boil for five minutes, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the cider before serving, and enjoy!
Notes and Tips!:
- Pressed juice and cider means juice that is not from concentrate! Look for that carefully on the label when you buy this product.
- If making cider for a crowd, I suggest doubling the recipe. I made this delicious drink twice in the last month and each time the entire batch was finished.
- If you prefer your cider chilled, make this recipe in advance. Once the cider has simmered for 30 minutes, remove the pot from the stove and allow for it to come to room temperature. Then transfer the liquid to a pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve!
- Source: Savory Sweet Life
- If you like this recipe, check out my Caramel Apple Cake with Apple Cider Frosting!