For those of you who get some of those late night munchies and find yourself going after an entire bag of potato chips, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! This recipe will be your new best friend. These crunchy and salty roasted chickpeas packed with flavor will have you singing a new tune. Like potato chips, these chickpeas are addicting, but unlike potato chips, this is one addiction that has lots of health benefits! For example, chickpeas are an excellent source of protein. So munch on! Shake things up a bit.
- 1 can chick peas (aka garbanzo beans)
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Dash of cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using a spatula, gently mix the chickpeas in with the oil and spices until each chickpea appears to be thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Stir the chickpeas and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, or until the chickpeas are crispy.*
Notes and Tips!:
- It is very important to cook the chickpeas long enough so that they are truly crispy. They are much less appetizing if they are still chewy. They also are served best fresh, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for later.
- Don’t be afraid to double the recipe! They’re easy to eat quikly!
- Source: this chick cooks food blog