Hello hello again! It’s day five of ‘One week of summer treats to beat the heat,’ and I’ve got another quick and easy treat for you- flavored ice cubes! I suggest dropping a few of these fresh ice cubes in your tea, lemonade, or water. They add a delightfully refreshing touch to your drink- which is just what you need on these hot summer days. Give it a try! I made a tray yesterday and have been sipping on them all day long.
- Fruit/vegetable slices of your choice (ex: Lemon, lime, cucumber, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- Mint leaves
- Clean and slice the fruit into small slices.
- Put two to three slices of fruit or mint leaves in each ice slot.
- Fill with water and freeze!
Notes and Tips:
- You can also try making coffee ice cubes or flavored milk cubes and using it in your iced coffee later!
- If you want a bolder flavor try making lemonade ice cubes with slices of lemon to add to your tea!